HR Management Graduate Certificate
Develop your organization’s most valuable assets and strengthen your professional credentials with a Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management from Oakland University. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just getting started in HR, a Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management can prepare you to take the next step in your career. This 12-credit program can be completed 100% online or on campus, depending on student preference.
In this 12-credit program, students gain the knowledge to improve the performance of their organization through practical, real-world focused people management skills. Students graduate equipped with the skills to help drive a high-performing organization through strategic counsel and practical support for employees and management. Online and face-to-face courses are available.
- Advance your career
- Learn from expert faculty
- Boost your credentials
- Earn credits that can be applied toward an Oakland University MBA
- According to Payscale.com, HR professionals who hold certificates are promoted faster and tend to hold positions of higher authority
Graduate Business Programs
This program is ideal for students holding a bachelor’s degree who are interested in:
- Developing specific human resource management capabilities without committing to a master’s degree program
- Building skills to launch or advance in a human resource management position
- Sharpening their skills and enhancing their resume
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited undergraduate institution.
How to Apply
- Online Application for Admission from the Graduate School
- Curriculum Vitae or Resumé - uploaded after online application is submitted
- Two email addresses for individuals who will write your recommendations - added after online application is submitted
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended sent to OU
International Students who have not earned a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S school, will have additional application requirements:
- A transcript evaluation (for transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States)
- TOEFL Exam Scores (for non-native English speakers unless they have a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S. school)