Doctor of Nursing Practice
The post-master Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) at Oakland University is a fully online program with a two or three year Plan of Study.
Graduates who possess a DNP degree are prepared to assume clinical and leadership roles in both academic and practice settings. Knowledge acquisition in the DNP program includes:
- the ability to analyze organizational and clinical systems
- critique evidence to support clinical practice and improve patient outcomes
- develop practice guidelines to enhance patient safety
The DNP graduate will:
- Integrate the science and theory of nursing practice with scientific and theoretical knowledge from other disciplines to improve nursing practice and patient outcomes.
- Integrate knowledge of effective communication and leadership skills based on professional standards to work as an effective member of an inter-professional team in the provision of safe, high quality, patient-centered care.
- Demonstrate the appropriate and ethical use of information technology and research methods to improve practice and the practice environment.