The Human Resource Development Student Association and Honors Society (HRDSAHS) is an organization for students in the HRD major/minor at Oakland University. The purpose of our organization is to enhance, grow, and develop the HRD students of Oakland University through professional development, networking with peers and corporations, and providing all around support from the society members, board members and faculty.
HRDSAHS Membership Qualifications
- Must be a full or part-time student at OU
- Accrue a total of 10 points (4 meeting points and 6 event points)
- There are generally 2 meetings and 1 event per month, as well as a semester long fundraiser.
- Pay a membership fee of $25 (if you are new) or $15 (if you are an active member)
- Complete 5 hours of community service
- Submit a membership application and professional goal statement
- To achieve Honors Status before graduation, you must have obtained at least 12 credits in HRD courses and have a 3.6 overall GPA in HRD classes.
- You CAN be inducted as a member without honors status.
- Impact the community within and outside Oakland University through fundraising initiatives
- Develop Students outside the classroom within HRD
- Develop Students resume and interview skills in a professional development environment
- Network professionally and make friends individually
- Have fun!
Contact HRDSAHS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, or to request a semester calendar.
Department of Organizational Leadership
456 Pioneer Dr.
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
Pawley Hall, Room 480D
fax: (248) 370-4605
Human Resource Development
Pawley Hall, Room 475E
fax: (248) 370-4095