The Systems Engineering (ISE) Department carries out the mission of the School by offering relevant ISE-related degree programs:
The Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering carries out the mission of the School of Engineering and Computer Science by offering an undergraduate major in Industrial and Systems Engineering. The department also offers master's programs in Industrial and Systems Engineering as well as in Engineering Management in cooperation with the School of Business Administration, and a doctoral program in Systems Engineering.
ISE B.S. in Engineering Program Education Objectives
The ISE program educational objectives are a set of skills that are necessary to function successfully in modern engineering practice. It is expected that ISE graduates have been prepared in each of these areas and will exhibit each of these characteristics as they pursue their professional careers:
The objectives of the Industrial and Systems Engineering program are to produce graduates who:
- will be able to design, develop, and implement systems which integrate people, materials, equipment, information and energy
- will be capable of operating effectively in dynamic and diverse organizations
- will demonstrate a professional attitude, integrity and commitment to life-long learning in their work
Who are ISE Department Alumni?
You are an alumnus of the ISE Department if you graduated from any of the following programs:
- B.S.E. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- M.S. in Engineering Management
- Ph.D. in Systems Engineering
- B.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
- M.S. in Systems Engineering - Manufacturing Option
All alumni are asked to contact Professor Robert Van Til (email@example.com
, 248-370-2211) to provide, or update, your ISE Dept. contact information.
Join ISE@OU on Linkedin
Alumni are invited to join our ISE@OU Networking & Mentoring group on Linkedin. This private, by invitation only group, provides a platform for ISE and EM alumni to network. It also allows alumni to e-mentor our current students. Please contact Professor Robert Van Til if you are interested in joining.
ISE Alumni Survey
If you are an Alumnus of our ISE Bachelor's program, please spend a few minutes taking the ISE@OU Alumni Survey
. This survey is an important part of our continuous improvement process, thanks.
The ISE Industrial Advisory Board assists in enhancing ISE educational and research programs as well as ensuring their relevance to current and emerging technological needs. Board members are:
- Kerry Coran, Lean Practitioner, Genesys Health System
- Kevin Dahm, Supervising Engineer, DTE Energy Co.
- Greggory R. Garrett, CEO & Managing Director, CGS Advisors LLC
- Cameron T. Hill, Workplace Organization Lead, World Class Manufacturing, Chrysler Group LLC
- Patrick Hillberg, Solution Architect, Siemens PLM Software Corp.
- Doneen McDowell, Plant Manager, Detroit Hamtramck Assembly Plant, General Motors Corp.
- Bryan Talbert, Container Quality & Procurement Support Manager, General Motors Corp.
- Anthony Verrino, Head of Stamping Manufacturing Control Operations, Chrysler Group LLC