Expand the section navigation mobile menu

Out of State Program Verification

If you are applying for a teaching certificate/licensure in another state or country based on an education program completed at Oakland, first contact the state or regional Department of Education for guidance regarding their licensure requirements. Complete only the student section of their program verification form (do not include full social security number) before emailing the forms to the Certification Office at [email protected] for completion. Please provide basic information including:

  • name while attending Oakland University
  • the last 4 digits of your grizzly/student ID or year of birth
  • type of education program (elementary, secondary, K-12, master’s, administrative or endorsement)
  • name of degree and date awarded
  • endorsements earned
  • submittal instructions
  • information regarding student teaching/internship/practicum (if required)

If the new licensure agency requires a letter verifying your program and degree information, email the basic information listed above along with agency requirements and contact information to [email protected].

The program verification form or letter will be completed as quickly as possible and submitted to the Department of Education or returned to you based on the instructions included in your email.

Educator Certification

Pawley Hall, Room 363
456 Pioneer Drive
Rochester , MI 48309-4482
(location map)
(248) 370-3242