The Educator Certification Office offers guidance for initial certification program completers applying for their Michigan Standard teaching certificate, teachers renewing a certificate, as well as those adding teaching endorsements or Administrative or Leadership certification. Information regarding these options can be found below.
Highlights regarding Educator Certification:
- The Michigan Department of Education (MDE) is currently restructuring teacher certification - changes are outlined in MDE's Revised Certification Structure.
- Oakland's Education programs are currently being redesigned to align with the state's new grade band structure and standards - the new Lower and Upper Elementary grade band program began in Fall 2021. This program prepares students to teach all core subjects in grades PK-6, as required by the new state standards.
- The new Birth-Kindergarten/Lower Elementary program and grades 5-9 and 7-12 programs are anticipated to begin in Winter and Fall 2024.
- MDE recently released exciting news regarding:
- MTTC Test Preparation Workshops and Resources