are provided with a varied selection of on-campus courses in four key
The program is intended for students with a bachelor's degree from any
field of engineering
- Engineering Productivity Courses: select 2-3
courses from a list of 10 including Engineering Decision Analysis,
Statistical Quality Analysis, and E-Commerce and ERP.
- Management Courses: select 4-5 courses from a
list of 10 School of Business Administration courses including Financial
Management, Organizational Behavior, and Legal Environment of Business.
- Engineering Specialty Courses: select 2 courses
from over 150 courses offered in Industrial and Systems Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Computer
Science and Engineering.
- Theory Course: select 1 course from a list of 6 including Statistical Methods in Engineering and Systems Optimization and Design.
(industrial and systems, mechanical, electrical,
computer, etc.) - no additional makeup courses are required. Applicants
with an engineering technology, computer science, mathematics or science
background will be considered for admission, but may be required to
take additional preparatory courses in engineering.
Many engineers working full-time enroll in the MEM program on a
part-time basis since all courses are offered in the evening. Students
may enter the program at any time of the year and begin their classes in
either September, January or May due to the flexible nature of the
The online Master's in Engineering Management (MEM) imparts the knowledge necessary to successfully manage in environments where technologies are essential to success. The online MEM program has a flexible curriculum that consists of 5-6 engineering courses and 4-5 management courses. Courses are grouped into four areas:
1. Engineering Courses - select 4 courses from:
- ISE 580 E-Commerce and ERP
- ISE 585 Statistical Quality Analysis
- ISE 587 Foundations of Systems Engineering I
- ISE 680 Engineering Decision Analysis
- Additional engineering courses to be announced
2. Management Courses - select 4 School of Business Administration courses from:
- ACC 511 Financial Accounting
- MGT 550 Legal Environment in Business
- FIN 533 Financial Management
- MKT 560 Marketing Management
- ORG 530 Organizational Behavior
- POM 521 Operations Management
3. Elective Course - select 1 course from:
- ACC 512 Managerial Accounting
- ECN 521 Economics for Managers (prerequisite: courses in micro and macro economics)
- Any fifth course from the lists of Engineering or Management courses above
4. Theory Course:The program is for Engineers with a bachelor’s degree from any field of engineering
- ISE 517 Statistical Methods in Engineering
- Industrial and Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Civil, etc. No preparatory courses are required.
You may enter the program at any time of the year and begin taking online classes in either September, January or May due to the flexible nature of the course requirements.
Engineering Management M.S. Student Information
2013-14 Graduate Catalog:
SECS Computer Technology Office
- Computer account access and information
SECS Student and Professional Organizations
Join ISE@OU on Linkedin
- All students are invited to join our ISE@OU Networking & Mentoring group on Linkedin. This private, by invitation only group, provides a platform for our students to professionally network with our alumni. Please contact Professor Robert Van Til (email@example.com) if you are interested in joining.