Online Master of Science in Engineering Management
The online Master's in Engineering Management (MEM) is offered by the ISE Department in cooperation with the School of Business Administration. The MEM imparts the knowledge necessary to successfully manage in environments where technologies are essential to success.
The online MEM program has a flexible curriculum that consists of 5-6 engineering courses and 4-5 management courses. Courses are grouped into four areas:
- Engineering Productivity Courses - select 4 courses from:
- ISE 580 E-Commerce and ERP
- ISE 585 Statistical Quality Analysis
- ISE 587 Foundations of Systems Engineering I
- ISE 680 Engineering Decision Analysis
- Additional engineering courses to be announced
- Management Courses - select 4 School of Business Administration courses from:
- ACC 511 Financial Accounting
- MGT 550 Legal Environment in Business
- FIN 533 Financial Management
- MKT 560 Marketing Management
- ORG 530 Organizational Behavior
- POM 521 Operations Management
- Elective Course - select 1 course from:
- ACC 512 Managerial Accounting
- ECN 521 Economics for Managers (prerequisite: courses in micro and macro economics)
- Any fifth course from the list of Engineering Productivity courses above
- Any fifth course from the list of Management courses above
- Theory Course:
- ISE 517 Statistical Methods in Engineering
The program is for Engineers with a bachelor’s degree from any field of engineering - Industrial and Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer, Civil, etc. No preparatory courses are required.
You may enter the program at any time of the year and begin taking online classes in either September, January or May due to the flexible nature of the course requirements. The program can be completed in two calendar years.
Why should you get an Engineering Management degree?
What can you do with an Engineering Management Degree?
Interested in Applying?
Contact the Online MEM Program Coordinator, Professor Chris Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-370-2215) for more information.