How to request an official transcript
The last day to request transcripts before the holiday recess is December 18, 2014. Requests received on or before this date will be processed and transcripts will be sent before the recess. We cannot guarantee that transcripts will be sent for any requests received after December 18.
Please note that at this time, transcripts can only be sent in paper format. Transcripts cannot be faxed or emailed from Oakland University. Official transcripts will not be provided if you have outstanding financial obligations. Requests for transcripts cannot be accepted via phone.
For current Oakland University students:
- Log into your SAIL account (using your NetID and password).
- Select Register for Classes from the menu bar on the right hand side of the page.
- Select Student Services and then Student Records.
- Click on Request Official Transcript.
- Be sure to read the directions at the top of each page.
- DO NOT use the Internal or External College Code generators. These addresses are often invalid. Please manually enter addresses for all recipients.
Transcripts requested through the SAIL system are processed and mailed next day.
For alumni and former students of Oakland University:
If your last date of attendance/graduation date is after January 1987, you can request your transcripts via the SAIL system by logging in using your Grizzly ID Number (learn how to request your Grizzly ID Number) and PIN (reset your PIN here).
If you cannot request your transcript via your SAIL account, please complete, sign (electronic signatures cannot be accepted), and send the Transcript Request Form via fax, mail or email:
Transcripts requested via the above forms are processed and mailed 2-5 business days from the date they are received.
For continuing education students:
Please complete, sign (electronic signatures cannot be accepted), and send the Transcript Request Form via fax, mail or email.
Continuing education transcripts take up to 10 business days to process.