Students living on campus receive specialized support that leads to success inside and outside of the classroom. Here, students can meet with team members who understand the challenges of residential life and help them achieve their educational goals. Every student has the ability to succeed by actively engaging in the learning process and utilizing the resources available.
Team Members are located in the residential spaces and can help with:
- Navigating Moodle & online courses
- Strategies for learning math & science
- Calendar/time management
- Repeating a course for improving grade
- Improving study skills
- Helping with test taking
- Campus involvement and inclusion
Programs and Events:
- Held throughout the academic year in all residential spaces, some event features include:
- A wide variety of topics, like study skills, campus resources and involvement
- Opportunities to meet other students
- Fun activities with free food and giveaways
- Watch for more details in your residential newsletter!
- The Academic Success Center provides tutoring not only in the center but also where you live! Peer tutoring is available in Hillcrest, Oak View, and other residential areas on most evenings.
- To view the current schedule and locations, click here.
Residential Peer Tutor Support:
- Peer tutors also live on campus and are available to residents for additional support.
- Want to connect with a peer tutor? Ask your RA where they live or contact us at email@example.com or call 248-370-3941.
- Interested in becoming a Peer Tutor? Contact Michele Applebee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-370-3941.
Our dedicated team members also support Special Interest Floors (SIFs) located in University Housing residential spaces. These communities are composed of students who share similar majors and career goals.
We work together with faculty and academic advisers within those majors to provide specialized programming, resources and additional opportunities to guide residents successfully towards their degree.
Currently there are communities dedicated to the following majors:
- Engineering and Computer Science
- Health Science