Prospective ISE Bachelor's Students
Our ISE graduates have begun or advanced their
careers, and our ISE students have obtained co-ops and internships, at a
variety of companies such as DTE Energy, Chrysler, General Dynamics,
Siemens, Ford, Williams International, TACOM, General Motors, Disney, Beaumont Hospital, Crittenton
Hospital Medical Center, BMW, Diagnostic Instruments, Dassault Systemes, Beckman Coulter,
Replenish, Daimler, Faurecia, Kia Motors, AMT, Molex, and Enovate It.
What is Industrial and Systems Engineering?
Learn more about the Industrial and Systems Engineering profession.
Why should you major in Industrial and Systems Engineering?
Some of our students explain why they chose ISE.
What about summer internships?
How did you spend your summer? Some of our ISE students discuss their summer internships.
What can you do with an ISE degree?
Some of our ISE alumni discuss their careers and how they use their degree.
ISE jobs by the numbers
What's the average starting
salary for an Industrial and Systems Engineer? How many ISE jobs
are in Michigan and the U.S.? And how do ISE job numbers compare with other engineering specialties? Find the answers here!
Industrial and Systems Engineers make a difference
In this Institute of Industrial Engineers video, ISE's talk about the jobs they do, the
satisfaction they experience and the impact they make in people's lives.
Engineering the Magic
See what it's like to be an ISE at Disney in this video.
Overview of our program
Students in our ISE bachelor's program take a variety of courses to prepare for their career, they include:
- General education courses in areas such as writing, formal reasoning and global perspectives.
- Math and sciences courses in calculus and physics.
- Engineering core courses such as Introduction to Industrial and Systems Engineering, CAD and computer problem solving.
- ISE professional required and elective courses in simulation, quality control, ergonomics, operations research, lean, ERP, robotics and production systems.
- A team-based senior design experience that can be conducted at a local company. Select the following for descriptions of 6 recent projects:
Detailed information on degree and course requirements is available from the Undergraduate Catalog.
Questions or want to visit the ISE Dept.?
If you are interested in learning more about our program, contact Professor Robert Van Til (firstname.lastname@example.org, 248-370-2211) to answer your questions, or to arrange a tour of the ISE Dept. and meet with ISE faculty and students.