Welcome to the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
What do Industrial and Systems Engineers and Engineering Managers do? They figure out how to do things better - by leading the design of products, processes and systems that improve quality and productivity. It's why more and more companies are hiring as well as promoting them in industries such as automotive, energy, advanced and digital manufacturing, health care, defense, logistics, service and others.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Master's Degree in Engineering Management (with the School of Business Administration) - available on-campus or online
- Doctoral Degree in Systems Engineering
- Productivity Improvement Graduate Certificate Program (the 4-Pack)
Check-out our Prospective Students page to learn more.
ISE@OU Teams with Sustainable Lean LLC on Lean Course
ISE faculty have teamed with engineers from Sustainable Lean LLC to offer our Lean Principles and Application course for fall semester - find the details here.
Everyone is doing the Harlem Shake!
Even the robots in the ISE Department's Sharf CIM Lab - check it out here.
ISE Department is a Pioneer in PLM Education
Dr. Patrick Hillberg, ISE adjunct faculty member and Solution Architect for Siemens PLM Inc., is teaching an innovative new Project Lifecycle Management (PLM) class. Read about how it's pioneering PLM education.
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Scholarship Program
This program will award 4-year scholarships to 32 new students enrolling in Industrial and Systems Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering in fall of 2012 and in fall of 2013. For scholarship details and application information, please see here.
Engineering Management Master's Program now On-Campus or Online
We are now offering our successful Master's of Engineering Management (MEM) Program either on-campus or online. - it's the same degree either way, but you choose the method of course delivery.
Congratulations to ISE Faculty Receiving Teaching Awards
- Professor Barbara Oakley - 2013 Oakland University Teaching Excellence Award
- Professor Christian Wagner - 2013 Oakland University Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching and Service
- Professor Robert Van Til - Recognition from the Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan
We will be moving to Oakland's New Engineering Center!
The ISE Dept. will be moving to Oakland University's new Engineering Center (see right) in summer of 2014. Check-out our new home here.
One of our Robots "Talks" about ISE@OU
One of the robots in our S. and R. Sharf CIM Laboratory "talks" about our ISE programs in this Youtube video.