Non-Michigan Resident Tuition Scholarship
Oakland University’s Non-Michigan Resident Tuition Scholarship is awarded to qualifying non-resident domestic graduate students who have earned a baccalaureate degree and have been admitted to an Oakland University graduate degree*. The scholarship is the difference between resident and non-resident graduate tuition rates. The specific amount of the scholarship award is subject to the number of registered credits. Awards are restricted to graduate courses that satisfy the selected graduate degree; it is not applicable to non‐program courses.
- Scholarship applicants admitted to a Master’s degree program are eligible to receive the scholarship for up to two years or four semesters.
- Scholarship applicants admitted to a Ph.D. degree program are eligible to receive the scholarship for up to five years or 10 semesters.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarship applicants must comply with all graduate admission requirements and deadlines.
- Scholarship applicants must have an overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (or the equivalent of 3.0 in any grading scale other than a 4.0 scale) or above.
- Scholarship applicants must be an entering student** to an OU graduate degree program as a non-Michigan resident (maintain non-residency and assessed non-resident tuition rates)***
- Scholarship applicants must be enrolled as a full-time (eight credits) graduate student.
The Graduate School is responsible for selecting the recipients of the Non-Michigan Resident Tuition Scholarship.
- Students admitted to an online graduate degree or a graduate degree which is assessed by a program rate rather than the standard graduate tuition rate, are not eligible for this scholarship. Degree programs assessed by a program rate include: 1) Oakland University William Beaumont (OUWB) School of Medicine, 2) Oakland University Beaumont Nurse Anesthesia Program and 3) Oakland University Executive Masters of Business Administration.
** Entering students refer to students who are admitted to an OU graduate degree for the first time.
*** Student who accept a graduate assistantship are not eligible for this scholarship.