2013 - 2014 Leadership Consultants
Leadership & Volunteer Center
Center for Student Activities (CSA)
Need a great presentation for your student organization’s meeting?
Pick from a variety of topics: conflict resolution, communication skills, or developing an e-portfolio and schedule a leadership consultant to come visit your student organization.
Leadership Consultants (LC) gain leadership experience by serving as facilitators, mentors, teachers, and organizational consultants for leadership and service opportunities. Leadership consultants are soft skill developers and can help your student organization increase their soft skill competency, which employers highly desire!
1. Consultants act as ambassadors for the CSA office by facilitating and assisting in various programs hosted by the Leadership and Volunteer Center.
2. LCs serve students by involvement consultations . A student who doesn’t know what to get involved in can meet with an LC and discern what to get involved in based off of their passions and career choice. Consultations can also include: e-portfolio creation, Myers-Briggs, and True Colors. Make an appointment by emailing Emily: Delano@oakland.edu.
3. Consultants present tailored workshops on a variety of topics to students. These workshops may deal with issues such as creating a leadership philosophy, making a website, creating an e-portfolio, understanding the importance of service-learning, teambuilding activities, and communications skills.
To request a Leadership Consultant, email Emily: Delano@oakland.edu
Explore the leader in you and build your resume by attending this six part training series.
- Communication Skills: Conflict Resolution, Wednesday: September 18th, 5-6pm , Heritage Room ( 2nd Floor of Oakland Center)
- How to "Jazz Up" Your Student Organization Meetings, Wednesday: October 23rd, 12-1pm, Heritage Room
- Leadership & Counseling, Tuesday: November 12th, 12-1pm, Lake Huron
- How a Leader's Resume Looks, Wednesday: January 22nd, 12-1pm, Heritage Room
- Leadership & Diversity, Tuesday: February 18th, 5-6pm, Heritage Room
- Professional Women's Panel: Successful Steps After College, Tuesday: March 18th, 5-6pm, Heritage Room
Dear Presidential Scholars, four of these trainings count as your Leadership Opportunity.
Participants who attend all events will receive a leadership certification of completion!
The student organization that has the most members at Leadership ExplOUration Series throughout the entire year, wins :
$100 in their flex account!