Registrar Services Location

North Foundation Hall, Room 160
318 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-3450
Text: (248) 368-7944

Office Hours:
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Feel free to visit us in-person, phone, text, email, instant message or web conference us during our office hours.

Office of the Registrar

O'Dowd Hall, Room 100
586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
(location map)
Fax: (248) 370-2586

A female student seated at a desk, filling out a form.


Below are many of the most common forms students will require while attending Oakland University. Please submit the form to the appropriate address referenced on the form.

General Forms

Confidentiality - Request to Remove
Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, confidentiality will be removed from record.

Confidentiality - Request to Withhold Directory Information
Use if you do not want directory information released. Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, directory information will be withheld until the student requests in writing that confidentiality be released.

Dismissal Appeal Form
Complete this appeal form if you believe there are valid reasons to review your academic dismissal.

General Education Transfer Course Review Form
Request the review of coursework you have previously completed or wish to complete at another institution for use at Oakland University. A syllabus is required. Here are directions on how to complete the form. For other courses, see Transfer Course Review below.

Grizzly ID Request

Letter Request Form
Use this form to request Jury Duty Letter or Enrollment Verification Letter.

OU Guest Certification Form
Use this form if you are planning to attend another college that requires OU to certify your student status.

Request for Exception

Residency Reclassification
Review information about residency and how to request reclassification if you believe you have documentation of a Michigan domicile.

Transcript Requests

Request official or unofficial transcripts. 

Transfer Course Review
Use this form to request a transfer course evaluation in order to fulfill a major or minor program requirement.

Graduation Forms
Candidacy for Degree Letter 
Use this form to request Candidacy for Degree Letter (for UG level students only).
Use this form if you have already applied to graduate and need to change graduation date. (for UG level students only).

Diploma Order Form 
Order a replacement diploma. Those who have financial or other holds preventing the release of their diploma need to have the hold(s) resolved before a diploma can be issued.
Registration Forms

Course Audit Request Form
Request "audit" registration status for a class. Students will not receive a grade for the class. Tuition is assessed as appropriate for each course. 

Late Add Request Form
Submit this form if you are requesting to add a course after the add deadline. Please refer to the academic calendar for applicable dates and deadlines. Send all late add approvals to

Listed under 'US Citizens/Permanent Residents'

Most registration should occur in MySAIL. Should you need registration support, you may submit this form to add/drop/withdraw from a course during the open add/drop/withdrawal time frame as noted on the academic calendar.

Special Time Conflict Override Form (SI or Final exam only)
Submit this form if you are requesting a prerequisite override for a second half Summer (Summer II) course, only given you are currently registered for the prerequisite during the first half of the Summer semester (Summer I).

S/U Grading Option
Undergraduate students who meet the requirements and wish to elect the S/U grading option should submit this form.

Time Conflict Override Form
This form should be used for a student who wishes to take two courses whose scheduled times overlap