Anne E. Porter, Ph.D.
My major areas of research interests are technology supported or enhanced learning environments and processes, and early childhood education. I have been a member of the Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning (MACUL) Board of Directors, and also served on the Michigan Reading Association (MRA) Technology Committee for a number of years. I have been awarded a number of grants at the local, state and federal level that focused on program development in technology supported or enhanced learning environments.
Past research activities/experience:
Over the years, I have been more involved in program development and grant supported projects than in formal research. I have carried out a principal investigator or leadership role in seven grants at the local, state and federal levels. I have had a primary role in the development of the Digital Literacies and Learning (formerly Instructional Systems Technology) program and coursework and have served as the coordinator of that program since its inception in the early 1980’s.
- Porter, Anne E. “Teaching to Learn: A Consultant/Client Model to Enhance Classroom Integration of Technology”, Project Director, $1,366,845, U.S. Dept of Education, Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to Use Technology Grant Program. 1999-2003
- Porter, Anne E., Christenson, Lary, Textures: “A Multimedia Learning Laboratory”, $4,000 funded by NASA/Michigan Space Grant Consortium, 1996-1997
- Porter, Anne E., Cipielewski, James F., Christina, Robert J., Testing the Dream-Technology Evangelist Project, $300,000, Oakland University, 1996 - 1997
- Porter, Anne E., Equipment Donation to OU Teacher Explorer Center, $40,000, Apple Computer Corp., Feb 1993.
- Porter, Anne E.,Toni Walters, Dawn Picard, Norean Martin (Huron Valley Schools), ACTIONS Project, Federal Competitive Discretionary Grant: Exemplary and Demonstration Projects, Eisenhower Mathematics and Science Act, 1991.
- Porter, Anne E., Robert Christina, Oakland University Teacher Explorer Center, $10,000, MichCon, 1991.
- Porter, Anne E., Oakland University Teacher Explorer Center, $25,000, Michigan Department of Education, Nov, 1990.
Porter, A. E., Li, L. & Rivard, J. (2005). No teacher left behind. Michigan Association for Computer Users in Learning (MACUL) Journal, 26(6), 9-10 and 18-20.
Porter, A., Cseh, M., Li, L., McEneaney, J. E., & Quinn, J. (2001). A technology consultant model implemented in a project-based preservice teacher education program. In Jerry Price, DeeAnna Willis, Niki Davis, & Jerry Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2001, 2072-2073 Norfolk, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education. (PR)
Li, L., Porter, A. (2001) Developing a Foundation for Enhancing Modeling of Technology Integration. In Jerry price, DeeAnna Willis, Niki Davis, & Jerry Willis (Eds.), Proceedings of SITE 2001, Norfolk, VA: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education. (PR)
Porter, Anne E. “Dynamic Interactions”, (software), Michigan Reading Association, March, 1996, Grand Rapids, MI
Porter, Anne E., "Scavenged Ideas and Virtual Hypermedia,"The Computing Teacher”, May,1991, Journal of the International Society for Technology in Education, Eugene, Oregon.
Workshops, In-Service Institutes, and Community Events:
- Technology Supported or Enhanced Learning Environments
- Selecting Educational Software and Applications
- Using Technology in Support of Developing Higher Level Thinking Skills
- Technology in the Early Childhood Classroom
- Developing Executive Functions through Technology Applications
- Supporting Positive Life Long Learning Habits with Technology
- Willing to discuss other related topics of interest to your group
or (248) 370-3074
Vita available upon request.