THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INTEREST IN UNIVERSITY HOUSING.
WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU ON CAMPUS!
WONDERING WHEN YOU SHOULD APPLY?
IF YOU CURRENTLY LIVE IN ON-CAMPUS HOUSING, AND PLAN TO COME BACK NEXT YEAR, YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT A CONTRACT BEGINNING FEBRUARY 25, 2013
IF YOU ARE AN INCOMING FRESHMAN, OR CURRENT NON-RESIDENT STUDENT, WHO IS PLANNING TO LIVE ON CAMPUS IN FALL 2013, YOU ARE WELCOME TO SUBMIT A CONTRACT BEGINNING MARCH 1, 2013.
DETAILS ON HOW TO APPLY ARE BELOW!
How to Apply Online for On-Campus Housing
Click here for a printable PDF of these directions
Before beginning, please note: if you are below 18 years of age, you will need to complete a paper contract in addition to applying online. Please see full directions for submitting a paper contract below.
1. Log in to the MY HOUSING portal using your Grizzly ID number (capital G and then the number) and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
2. Select the
Time Frame of your housing contract.
3. Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. You should be aware that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
4. Complete the Student Preference page.
5. If you know a student who will also be attending OU that you would like to live with, be sure to insert their name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- that is to say, your roommate must also list YOU as their choice of roommate in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. You will not be matched with a student unless he or she also lists you as a requested roommate. Please be aware that while we make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
6. Select a Meal Plan option. Students who plan to live in a residence hall must
select one of the available meal plan options. If you do not choose a plan for yourself, a default plan will be selected for you. Students who are eligible and plan to live in the Ann V. Nicholson
Student Apartments, the George T. Matthews Student Apartments or the Greek Cottages are
not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary
meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
7. Review and
complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
8. Once you have completed all of the steps shown above, you will receive a confirmation of submission of your housing contract. Additional information will be sent to your Oakland University email address as it becomes available.
For students under the age of 18:
If you are below 18 years of age, or legally incapacitated, you will need to submit a paper contract in addition to applying online for on-campus housing. The paper Housing Contract must be completed by you and your legal guardian, and guarantees payment of all fees relating to on-campus housing. The contact must also be legally notarized (that is, a certified notary must witness you and your guardian signing the contract) before it is mailed to the following address:
University Housing – Residence Halls
448 Hamlin Hall
Rochester, MI 48309
Ready to get started? Click HERE to begin!
If, at any time during the process of submitting your contract, you experience an error message, please contact the Housing Office at (248) 370-3570 for assistance.