Student Financial Services

North Foundation Hall, Room 120
318 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester , MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-2550

Office Hours:
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Have your Grizzly ID ready

Summer Office Hours:
May 15 - June 30: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July 1 - July 14: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
July 15 - August 18: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

OU school code: 002307

Student employment contact:

We are committed to ensuring you're able to access our website. For assistance with technical resources, contact OU's Student Technology Center.

A young woman seated at a table with an open laptop computer and a young man seated next to her.


Below are forms related to financial services that you may need while attending Oakland University. For assistance while completing these forms, please call (248) 370-2550.

Employment Forms

Once you are offered an on-campus student employment position, you must complete and submit the following forms and documents to Financial Services before employment can begin.

For payroll purposes, an original U.S. Social Security card must be presented for photocopy to Student Financial Services in person. The Supervisor and Departmental contact will be notified if additional information is needed or forms are incomplete. The Office of Student Financial Services will notify the Departmental contact via a Work Referral when the student can begin work. Students cannot begin working until the Departmental contact receives a Work Referral from Student Financial Services.

  • Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) The U.S. Department of Justice requires all employees to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) and submit to their employer with appropriate unexpired documentation. This form, with documentation, is used to verify your eligibility to work in the United States. If you have never worked at Oakland University as a student employee or three years has elapsed since you were employed as a student employee at OU, you will need to complete a Form I-9 and submit it (in person) to the Financial Aid Office with appropriate documentation (submit originals; photocopies are not acceptable) to be considered and/or approved for student employment at Oakland University.

  • Form W4 Employee’s Federal Withholding Allowance Certificate

  • MI-W4 Employee's Michigan Exemption Certificate

  • If your permanent residence is in a city that has a city income tax, you are required to submit a W-4 for that city. lists cities with a city income tax.

  • Direct Deposit of Payroll Payments (optional) Oakland University Direct deposit is available to students, allowing for a transfer of funds directly into a student's personal bank account. Students can also enroll for direct deposit for Student Employment through MySail. Students are paid once every two weeks.

  • Supplemental Form W-4 Instructions for Nonresident Aliens (IRS Notice 1392) contains information to assist nonresident aliens in special completion instructions for their form I-9.