Phone: (248) 370-3266 | Fax: (248) 370-4327 | TTY: (248) 370-3268 | email@example.com
The mission of the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) is to ensure that all students with disabilities participate fully in university life. We coordinate services and programs so students with disabilities can maximize their educational potential and to increase the level of awareness among all members of the university community. Our staff works with other departments on campus to provide and coordinate reasonable accommodations and to be a resource to students with disabilities, the university and surrounding community. DSS is located in 103A North Foundation Hall and can be located using the accessibility map
. Feel free to call us at (248) 370-3266
How DSS Can Help You
The needs of students with disabilities are unique and various. Accommodations are provided on an individual, case-by-case basis. The DSS staff can most effectively help you when you notify the office of a service or aid required well in advance of when you need it. Students with disabilities should make an appointment six weeks in advance of when they require services. It is advisable that students bring current documentation of the disability to the initial visit so appropriate accommodations can be determined. The Disability Support Services staff can assist you with questions and concerns.
What DSS Does For You
- Facilitate reasonable accommodations in accordance with recent documentation requests.
- Promote awareness for faculty/staff.
- Act as a liaison between students and faculty/staff.
- Provide assistance and information regarding university services.
- Provide information about government & community agencies.
What DSS Does Not Do
- Provide formal diagnostic evaluations. The student is responsible for providing current written documentation at their own cost.
- Alter course requirements and/or lower program standards for students with disabilities.
- Provide equipment, technology, or services of a personal/private nature (personal attendants, wheel chairs, tutors, etc.)