Oakland University’s Executive MBA is an AACSB-accredited program consisting of 39 credit hours completed over 21 months. Applicants are only admitted each Fall semester. Courses are designed and taught by a combination of exceptional full-time faculty from OU's School of Business Administration and successful business leaders. Classes meet on Friday afternoons and all-day Saturday on alternate weekends.
A maximum of 30 students are admitted to the program each year. The average age of an Executive MBA student is 37 years with 15 years of work experience. As a cohort, students take the core classes together, then split off into elective classes for the concentration in Health Care Management or Information Systems Leadership. The cohort structure enhances the classroom environment, commitment to the program and the resulting learning experience. This format leverages the wealth of knowledge within each cohort group.
While you will receive an MBA from Oakland University for completing the program, the Executive MBA program offers much more, including:
- Students enrolled in the program bring extensive work experience which provides dynamic classroom discussions.
- Biweekly weekend program delivery, blended with online support, offers flexibility needed for a busy professional to complete a challenging program.
- Hands-on learning methods, with a focus on integrative thinking, include analysis of real business cases, working in learning teams and participating in business simulations. Special courses created around business issues, execution of strategies, and delivery methods to meet unique needs of the participants.
- Learning from both outstanding School of Business faculty members and business leaders.
Fall 2013 Term Dates
September 3, 2013 – December 14, 2013
Winter 2014 Term Dates
January 6, 2014 - April 26, 2014
Summer I - 2014 Term Dates
May 5, 2014 - June 27, 2014
2012-14 Cohort - Program Calendar
2013-15 Cohort - Program Calendar
2014-16 Cohort - Program Calendar
The requirements for admission to the EMBA program include:
Applicants who meet the specific requirements listed below may be waived from the GMAT and/or Supplemental Program form as part of the program requirements for admission. Waivers are never guaranteed and must be approved by the Graduate Admissions Committee in the School of Business Administration. Minimum requirements for waiver consideration include:
- A minimum of seven years experience in a field related to one of the concentration areas
- An undergraduate degree in any discipline
- Application for Admission to Graduate Study
- Supplemental SBA-EMBA application form and or/resume
- Two Recommendation forms for Graduate Admission
- Official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended
- Official GMAT scores (for those not holding a graduate degree)
- An advanced degree (masters or higher) and/or
- A combination of strong academic record and significant managerial experience
- A personal interview with the program coordinator may also be required
If you believe that you qualify for a GMAT waiver, complete and submit the Request to Waive GMAT form with your application.
All application materials for the EMBA must be received by July 1 for fall admission. This program admits only in the Fall term.
The tuition for students admitted to the Executive MBA program in Fall 2014 is $37,500 plus a $1,000 non-refundable enrollment deposit. This includes all course registrations, textbooks and materials. The program will provide light meals on Fridays and Saturdays when classes are scheduled to meet. The $1,000 deposit is due when accepting admission, and five additional payments of $7,500 are due at the beginning of each term.
Students may apply to receive Financial Aid by contacting Student Financial Services.
The School of Business Administration reserves the right to change tuition rates prior to the start of each cohort.