Chief Human Resources Officer selected for women’s leadership award
The Chief Human Resources Officer for Oakland University, Libby Ciliberti, has been named a member of the 2017 Career Mastered Leaders in Action class. This distinguished group is made up of 25 metro Detroit women making an impact in their respective career fields.
Ciliberti will be honored during the 3rd Michigan Women’s History Month Leadership in Action Awards dinner on Wednesday, March 1 at The Henry Autograph Collection Hotel in Dearborn. The annual event celebrates the diverse and historic accomplishments of women in business.
Karen Dumas, a popular communications professional and radio show personality who currently hosts The PULSE with Karen Dumas on Superstation 910AM, will serve as mistress of ceremonies.
“Throughout her career in the automotive industry, and now by leading our Human Resources team at Oakland, Libby has continually served as a positive role model for other aspiring young women,” said Senior Advisor to the President on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Pat Dolly. “She is certainly a deserving member of this year’s list.”
Dr. Lisa Lindsay Wicker, founder of the Career Mastered Women’s Global Business Collaborative and Women’s History Month Leadership in Action Awards added, “Today’s women leaders are game changers. They take charge of their careers and take charge of their futures. These women have made their mark in business and are all exceptionally strong role models.”
Proceeds from the awards dinner directly support Excel Village Center for Learning, a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide career planning for youth at the elementary, junior high and high school levels.
Michigan Class of 2017 Honorees:
Leadership In Action Awards
- Tati Amare, host, WDIV Channel 4, Live in the D
- Adrienne Bennett, master plumber & CEO, Benkari Mechanical LLC
- Jean Bosworth, SVP/private client advisor, U.S. Trust, Bank of America
- Denise Brooks Williams, president & CEO, Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Judy Brunson, Head of Operations, Mercedes Benz Res., Daimler AG
- Stephanie Chang, State Representative, Michigan House of Representatives
- Olivia Ciliberti, chief human resources officer, Oakland University
- Ellyn Davidson, president, Brogan & Partners
- Kim Adams House, Head of Jeep Advertising, Fiat Chrysler Automotive
- Ola Ivery, educator, first lady, Wayne County Community College District
- Anika Jackson, president, Jackson Land Holding Co., LLC
- Pranadhi Koradia, chief operating officer, Transphere, Inc.
- Gloria Lara, president, Michigan Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Glenda Lewis, news anchor, WXYZ-TV Channel 7
- Dr. Tonya Matthews, president & CEO, Michigan Science Center
- Kathy Moritz, managing partner, New York Life Insurance
- Danielle North, president, CEO & founder, EdReform Partners
- Mary Palkovich, VP energy delivery, Consumers Energy
- Michelle Robinson, president & CEO, Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council
- Sheila Sarver, group vice president, Yanfeng Global Automotive Interior
- Donna Stallings, city council member, Lathrup Village
- Olga Stella, executive director, Detroit Creative Corridor Center
- Tosha Tabron, vice president, relationship manager, JP Morgan Chase
- Gwen Thomas, president, CEO & founder, Gwen Thomas PR
- Arvis Williams, global VP quality & continuous improvement, Dura Automotive Systems
Leadership Distinction Awards
- Living Legend Award – Diana Lewis, retired news anchor, WXYZ-TV Channel 7
- Trailblazer Award – Andrea Riley, chief marketing officer, Ally Financial
- Distinguished Leadership Award – Honorable Judge Denise Langford Morris, Oakland County
- Game-Changer Award – Shamayim “Shu” Harris, visionary, Avalon Village, Highland Park
About Career Mastered:
Career Mastered is a growing global women’s business collaborative. It is the only platform of its kind that combines women’s history, leadership recognition awards, networking, talent access, and youth development to accelerate women’s careers while making a positive difference and impact on the global business environment. Career Mastered presents the leading Women’s History Month Awards in North Carolina and Michigan, honoring today’s women leaders who take charge of their careers and their futures. Founded in 2015 by Linwick & Associates, LLC. Career Mastered Awards celebrates and acknowledges the victories, challenges, and stories of the women who have helped to make our country what it is today.