Post-Master's Certificates (except Accounting)
Coordinator Graduate Business Programs
Post-Master's Graduate Certificates
For non-business master's degree students
The Post-Master's Graduate Certificate in General Management is a 15 credit hour course of study designed to accommodate individuals with a graduate degree in a non-business field who seek core business knowledge. The program emphasizes course work that covers the major disciplines within the field of business. Upon completion, students will have core knowledge of common business practices and corporate procedures.
Completing the prescribed course of study in a post-master's graduate certificate leads to a certificate officially granted by the university and not to a degree. Course work completed within this program can subsequently be transferred (if sufficiently current) to a graduate business degree program.
See catalog for program details.
Certificates are available in:
- Accounting (catalog)
- Business Economics (catalog)
- Entrepreneurship (catalog)
- Finance (catalog)
- Human Resources Management (catalog)
- International Business (catalog)
- Management Information Systems (catalog)
- Marketing (catalog)
- Production/Operations Management (catalog)
- Appy Online
- Complete the SBA Supplemental Application
- Official transcripts from their undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Recommendations – during the completion of your application, you must provide two email addresses for individuals who will write your recommendations. You should contact these individual prior to providing their email addresses. Your recommenders will receive an email from Oakland University Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning requesting that they submit their recommendation online.
International students will have additional application requirements.
- A transcript evaluation (for transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States)
- TOEFL Exam Scores (for non-native English speakers unless they have a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. college or university or at least 24 credits from a U.S. school)
The GMAT is not required for admission to the Post-Master's Graduate Certificate in General Management.
Applicants to the Post-Master's Graduate Certificate in General Management must hold a non-business Master's degree. Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in their Master's degree. The applicant must also have completed a college course in calculus and a college course in statistics to be eligible for the program.