Kasia G. Kietlinska
Title: Special Instructor
Office: 313 O'Dowd Hall
Kasia Kietlinska has taught at Oakland University for the last 21 years. She teaches mostly Writing 150 and 160 courses, usually with umbrella themes of education, teens at risk, family, immigration, ethnicity and race. She is interested in issues related to foreign speakers, and she taught an ESL section of WRT 104 in the Fall of 2002. Apart from teaching, she is involved in numerous translation projects (Polish to English).
BA, University of Gdansk, Poland, 1978
ABD, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 1989
- Intrerested in ESL issues, bilingualism, biculturalism and involved in translation activities (Polish to English).
- Emphasis on reading and use of nonfiction texts to model writing.
- Practice of peer work and revision.
- Discussion of Rhetoric to make students aware of their writing processes.
- Focus on structure and rhetorical strategies to illustrate that every written work "has to go somewhere."
Teaching at OU since 1989.