2nd Annual Employee Health and Fitness Day Poker Walk a Success!
Tuesday, May 29, 2012
2nd Annual Employee Health and Fitness Day Poker Walk a Success!The 2nd Poker Walk Challenge on May 16 saw 261 employees get out and walk in costumes, with cheers, doing dances, and showing lots of spirit! The one-mile fun walk drew teams from 34 different departments and 21 individuals for a chance to be dealt the best poker hand and win prizes!
The walk, in honor of National Employee Health and Fitness Day, was an event to get people moving and having fun while exercising! Prizes, snacks, and giveaways were provided by Great Lakes Employee Benefit Services, Campus Recreation, HAP, Priority Health, Delta Dental, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Fidelity, TIAA CREF, Whole Foods, Hansons Running Shop, and the OU AP Assembly.
The top three poker hands were dealt to the following participants:
Team prizes were given to the following winning TEAMS:
- Michelle Gruca from Payroll, OU Spirit Wear Package: Hoodie, flip flops, t-shirt, and hat
- Tricia Westergaard from the Office of the Registrar, Feel Good Package: (2) one-hour massages and a fitness assessment
- Scott Burke from the Video Services Department, Get Fit Package: Gift certificate for new workout shoes
50 other individuals won prizes awarded randomly during the walk. For a complete list of winners and pictures of the event visit www.oakland.edu/campusrec and click on the Poker Walk!
- The REGI-Stars from the Office of the Registrar for Best TEAM Name, Customized TEAM Cooking Class from Whole Foods
- The Blues Crew from Admissions for Most TEAM Spirit, Customized TEAM Fitness Package
- Meandering Marauders from Mechanical Engineering for Best TEAM Costume, OU blankets and Cold Stone Gift Certificates
Congratulations to all of the winners and participants!