Friday, March 16, 2012
Online registration to begin on Monday, March 19Starting at 6 a.m. on Monday, March 19, eligible Oakland University students can begin registering by class standing and earned credit hours for summer 2012, fall 2012 and winter 2013 classes.
Students should meet with their academic adviser before registering for classes. Oakland advisers help guide students in their course selection, review progress toward fulfillment of degree requirements, interpret and clarify policies and procedures, and more.
Undergraduate students should go to the Academic Advising website for a list of advising contacts in each school or college. Graduate students should contact their faculty adviser. Other tips to help prepare students for combined registration include:
Students are encouraged to check out these other helpful registration DOs about registering for classes.
- Checking your SAIL account for any holds or unpaid bills that may prevent you from registering on time.
- Verifying that you meet the prerequisites for the course before you try to register for it. Look for the prerequisites in the undergraduate catalog or on the class schedule search.
- Having your first-choice classes on a list, with a couple of alternatives, so you can register promptly without having to search when a class is full. Just go to the class schedule search.
- Printing a degree evaluation to monitor progress toward degree.
Registration will be staggered based on class standing and the number of earned credit hours. Students may view their assigned registration appointment and the number of earned credit hours they have to date by logging into the OU portal using these steps:
For important billing and payment information, including information on available payment plans, visit the Student Business Services website.
- Go to mysail.oakland.edu
- Log in using your NetID and password
- Once inside the portal, click on Register for Classes
- Click on Check Your Registration Status (to view any registration permits/overrides)
- Go back to the Registration screen
- Select a term to start registering (start with summer semester 2012)
For more information about summer registration, visit the Registrar’s Office website or contact the office at email@example.com or (248) 370-3450. To view summer courses, programs and events, view the summer website at oakland.edu/summer.