Thursday, November 10, 2005
Golf memberships, President’s Club improved
Oakland University recently announced a transformation of The President’s Club and new Golf and Learning Center membership options.
Over the last five years much has happened to affect both the golf industry and philanthropy in Michigan, causing the university to reassess how it might better serve its donors and the golf community. As a result, the university has decided to offer two separate and distinct programs:
· The President’s Club will recognize donors who have contributed $10,000 or more to the university to support OU students, faculty, academic and extracurricular programming; and
· The Golf and Learning Center will focus on providing campus and community golf enthusiasts with an outstanding recreational experience, with no tie to the President’s Club.
Though these programs will now be mutually exclusive, Oakland University continues to be the ultimate beneficiary of the financial support to either entity.
Three new membership options are now available for access to OU’s Golf and Learning Center:
· The Gold Membership option, at a seasonal cost of $3,950, offers unlimited seasonal pre-paid golf on both R & S Sharf and Katke-Cousins courses with a one-week advance tee-time reservation privilege. Children under 14 are included at no additional charge. Additional fees will apply to spouse, children 14 and over, golf cart fees on both courses, guests and range.
· The Silver Membership program provides access to both courses with a pay-as-you-play greens fee option. The seasonal per-family cost of $1,500 includes spouse and children under 21 and offers a one-week advance tee time reservation privilege. Greens fees, guest fees, range and cart rental fees apply.
· The Bronze Membership program, which offers access to Katke-Cousins only on a pay-as-you-play basis, is designed to accommodate all Lifetime President’s Club donors who have had access in the past, while also providing OU alumni and friends of Oakland University an entry-level access option. The $500 annual fee provides unlimited access per family (spouse and children under 21) and a seven-day advance tee time reservation. Greens fees, guest fees, range and cart rental fees apply.
Detailed membership information and registration materials are available on OU’s Golf and Learning Center Web site, or you can call (248) 364-6300 and select option one.
Questions regarding membership in The President's Club should be directed to the Office of Annual Giving at (248) 364-6160.