Friday, October 31, 2003
Cultural Awareness Week celebrates OU's diversity
Through a variety of interactive, entertaining and educational events, this year’s Cultural Awareness Week, Nov. 3-7, will help students appreciate the many cultures at Oakland University.
This year’s events include:
Monday, November 3
Tuesday, November 4
- Diversity Day, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., Oakland Center Gold Rooms.
- Film: “Lilya 4-ever,” 4-6 p.m., Kresge Library.
Wednesday, November 5
- Translation contest, noon-1:30 p.m., Oakland Center Lake Superior Room B.
- Dictation contest for French students, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Oakland Center Lake Superior Room B.
- Professor Rapin’s travel presentation on Cambodia, 3-4 p.m., Oakland Center Lake Superior Room B.
- Free hip hop aerobics lesson, 7–8 p.m., Recreation Center.
Thursday, November 7
- Studying and Living Abroad Drop-In, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Oakland Center Lake St. Clair Room.
- Sports of the World, noon-1 p.m., Oakland Center Fireside Lounge.
- Kabuki Theatre Talk, 3-4 p.m., Oakland Center Rooms 128-130.
Friday, November 8
- Speech Contest, noon-1 p.m., Oakland Center Lake Huron Room.
- International Business Presentation, Juergen Walker, president and CEO of DaimlerChrysler Financial Group, 4-5 p.m., Oakland Center Rooms 126-127.
- International Night Café, 7-10 p.m., Oakland Center Pioneer Court.
- Student Forum, “Multicultural Families in the United States,” a panel discussion of students and their perspective on what it is like living in a multicultural family, noon-1 p.m., Oakland Center Fireside Lounge.
- International Faculty Reception, 4-6 p.m., Education Building Atrium.