Wednesday, May 14, 2014
PRC Award Winners Announced for 2014
School of Health Sciences
2014 Prevention Research Center Awards for Translational Research
Kenneth R Hightower, Dean
- Arena, Sara Fitness Levels of Male Adolescent Boy Scouts
- Black, Elizabeth Theory based intervention program to support physical activity for individuals with multiple sclerosis: a case series
- Cheezum, Rebecca NSO/Bell-Oakland University Research Partnership
- Choi, Myung Regulation of lipid metabolism by nitric oxide in obese African American and Caucasian individuals
- Dallo, Florence A health profile of refugees from the Middle East
- Dallo, Florence Preventive and Screening Practices Vary by Nativity Status and Region of Birth among non-Hispanic White Women.
- Dinda, Sumi The anti-estrogenic like effects of Resveratrol on the regulation of tumor suppressor gene p53 and estrogen receptor (ER-a) in breast cancer cells.
- Hew, Tami The purpose of this study is threefold: 1) to observe changes in performance, body composition, and injury/illness rates in OU student athletes participating in Fall sports; 2) to observe adherence to the Gatorade™/Muscle Milk™ routine and track potential adverse events; and 3) to evaluate both baseline and the change (Δ; post-season minus pre-season) in arsenic, lead and cadmium excretion levels in student athletes
- Landis-Piwowar, Kristin Cytogenetic Abnormalities in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia & Hairy Cell Leukemia: A Case Study Evaluation of Familial Cancer
- Lucarelli, Jennifer Childhood Obesity: Expert review of assessment tool for school health climate to establish face and content validity.
- Lynch, Amanda Examining Dietary and Weight Changes after Bariatric Surgery: A follow-up study
- Olawoyin, Richard Exposure Risk Assessment of Industrial Activities in the Chemical Valley Sarnia and the Consequence of Nephproblastoma: A Preliminary Environmental Study
- Reznar, Melissa Support for three summer students to support initiatives of the Oakland University Health Advisory Group. The Oakland University Health Advisory group, established in Fall 2013, consists of faculty, staff, and students from Health Sciences, Wellness and Health Promotion and Injury Prevention, Campus Recreation, and Graham Health Center.
- Wren, Patricia GRASP mental health and suicide prevention: GA mentoring and travel support.