Monday, April 14, 2014
Automation Alley PLM Center Opens at OU INC
On Thursday, February 20, Automation Alley’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Center opened at OU INC. In collaboration with the Oakland University School of Engineering and Computer Science, along with corporate sponsors Geometric Solutions, Pure Michigan, Siemens, and Solid Thinking, the PLM Center is designed to help smaller businesses design, create and distribute their products quickly and easily through new technology, such as 3-D printing.
Since OU INC is designed as a space of learning and development for entrepreneurs, the collaboration between the incubator and Automation Alley made sense. Alex Violassi, Director of the PLM Center, explains that contact with technologies such as 3-D printing and scanning will be useful to new companies.
“The idea is to help expose the new small businesses coming to the OU INC facility to the emerging technologies affecting the region’s manufacturing efficiencies,” says Violassi. “The PLM Center will display some of the technologies, and help these companies use it.”
Violassi also says that the facility will be of use to a variety of groups of all sizes from different background. “The small, medium and large organizations will use us as a ‘farm club’ of certified available PLM talent. Students and individuals can use us to help find apprentice, intern, and new employee positions.”
The PLM Center will also conduct classes at OU INC on how to utilize this technology beginning this spring. Initial classes will be half-day workshops to give a better understanding of PLM as a concept. An in-depth two-day class will highlight benefits and successes of current PLM implementations. Vendor courses taught by regional PLM Resellers will also be available in the future.
For more information on the Automation Alley PLM Center at OU INC , visit their website.
Spring classes include:
Product Lifecycle Management 101
- Wednesday, April 16Time: 8:30 – 11 a.m.Location: Automation Alley Headquarters, Troy
- Thursday, April 17Time: 8:30 – 11 a.m.Location: Automation Alley Headquarters, Troy
- Wednesday, May 14Time: 8:30 – 11 a.m.Location: Automation Alley Headquarters, Troy
Product Lifecycle Management for Business
- Wednesday, April 30 and Thursday, May 1 (two-day course)Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. each dayLocation: Automation Alley Product Lifecycle Management Center, Oakland University, OU INC
- Wednesday, May 21 and Thursday, May 22 (two-day course)Time: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day Location: Automation Alley Product Lifecycle Management Center, Oakland University, OU INC
SolidThinking Inspire Training – Concept Generation for Better Designs
Monday, May 5
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. each day
Location: Altair, Troy