Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Oakland University Nightingale Awards for Nursing Excellence recognize exceptional nurses
Oakland University's School of Nursing and its Board of Visitors are proud to honor Michigan's top nurses at the 26th annual Nightingale Awards for Nursing®.
|The prestigious Nightingale Awards honors Michigan's top nurses. It is the only event of its kind in the state and will be held on May 8, 2014 at the Mirage Banquet Hall in Clinton Township.
The prestigious Nightingale Awards, the only event of its kind in the state, will be held on Thursday, May 8 at the Mirage Banquet Hall in Clinton Township.
More than 450 nurses, physicians and administrators, as well as family members and supporters will attend this year's awards ceremony, which features an elegant sit-down dinner and silent auction.
WWJ-Newsradio 950 health reporter Sean Lee will emcee this year's awards ceremony.
Each of eight winning recipients receives a check for $1,000, a bronze statue of Florence Nightingale and a pin. The eight runners-up each receive a plaque and a pin. Nominations came from peers, supervisors, friends or patients for their superior service and contributions.
St. John Providence is the Gold Sponsor and other sponsors include Beaumont Health System, Detroit Medical Center, Oakwood Healthcare System and St. Joseph Mercy Oakland.
For more information, or for tickets to the event, please contact Ashley Samson at (248) 364-8725, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting oakland.edu/nightingale.
Winners of the 2014 Nightingale Awards:
- Administration: Sister Mary Ellen Howard, St. Frances Cabrini Clinic of Most Holy Trinity Catholic Church
- Advanced Nurse Practice: Marci Simon-Burrell, DMC Hutzel Women's Hospital
- Education & Research: Morris Magnan, Karmanos Cancer Center
- Nursing in the Community: Karen Straetmans, St. John Providence Hospital & Medical Center
- Oakland University Distinguished Alumni: Anne Stewart, Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
- Staff Nurse Practice: Lisa D'Andrea, Beaumont Health System, Breast Care Centers
- Staff Nurse Practice: Anne Page, Beaumont Health System, Royal Oak
The 2014 Nightingale Award Runners-Up:
- Administration: Mohamad Rustom, Oakwood Healthcare Clinic
- Advanced Nurse Practice: Susanna Sirianni, Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Education & Research: Melchora "Toy" Bartley, Commission on Nursing Certification/St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Nursing in the Community: Jesse Cruz, Henry Ford e-Home Care
- Oakland University Distinguished Alumni: Suzanne Gardner, Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe
- Staff Nurse Practice: Timothy Deuby, St. John Providence Hospital and Medical Center
- Staff Nurse Practice: Molly Duane, DMC-Harper University Hospital
People's Choice: Winner will be revealed at the Nightingale Awards ceremony
- Caryn Knappen, Chateau Home Care
- Cynthia McKenna, Older Persons' Commission/Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
- Tamara Niemiec, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital