Monday, March 3, 2014
OU ESL Club - Help Fight Hunger
OU ESL Club
Help Fight Hunger
Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan
Detroit, MI 48207
Saturday, March 8, 2014
12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- We will gather at the Oakland Center at noon and car pool to Gleaners where we will be volunteering for the afternoon.
- Projects may consist of sorting and/or packing food, assembling agency food orders, sweeping and more.
- There are small lockers for you to put your personal items in while you are volunteering, but we encourage you to leave valuables at home.
- Though not required, please feel free to bring a pair of gloves to work in.
- Please dress comfortably in clothes that might get dirty. In order to work in the warehouse, you are required to wear closed-toe shoes. In colder weather, please dress in layers. The warehouse is chilly, but you warm-up when the work begins. Since the jobs require some bending, please wear tops and bottoms that provide adequate coverage.
This event is limited to the first 15 students. Please sign up with GrizzOrgs or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.