Monday, January 13, 2014
SUPER 2014 Application Now Available
The Eye Research Institute is now accepting applications for placement into the 2014 SUPER program. May 12 - August 1, 2014
The program provides a unique opportunity for Oakland University undergraduates to participate in NIH and other externally sponsored research under the mentorship of ERI faculty. SUPER scholars obtain research training in the disciplines of biochemistry, cell biology, physiology, molecular biology and neuroscience.
- The Summer Research Program is a 12-week program (May 12 – August 1, 2014). The stipend for this program is $3500.
- Applicants must be Oakland University undergraduate students currently enrolled in a degree program, leading to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Successful applicants should have at least a 3.0 grade-point average in their sciences courses, and will be required to enroll in at least 6 credits at Oakland University for the Fall 2014 semester. (Tuition is not due till the fall.)
- Students will work in a laboratory setting one-on-one with a scientist on an available project and are expected to work at least 30hrs/week for the duration of the program, Monday to Friday, during normal working hours.
- Scholars will attend a weekly Vision Science seminar (molecular and clinical) given by ERI and Beaumont Ophthalmology Faculty
- All students will participate in a symposium and will make a short presentation based upon their research project
- Students are also encouraged to continue with their research project during the academic year by enrolling in BIO 490
- The exact number of SUPER placements may range from 3-5, depending on funding lines, project availability and Faculty availability.
For additional information or questions, contact Dr. Ken Mitton at email@example.com.
More information can be found here and the application can be downloaded here.