Volunteers needed for Alternative 2013-2014 Academic Year Parking
Friday, August 2, 2013
Volunteers needed for Alternative 2013-2014 Academic Year ParkingAs the university has communicated recently via email and the News at OU, a variety of temporary parking measures will be implemented over the coming year to address challenges posed by ongoing construction projects.
One measure is an option for employees to volunteer to park in the Meadow Brook Music Festival VIP lot (P-57) to help reduce the number of cars parking on main campus. Employees who participate in this program would be shuttled to and from main campus and would work an alternative schedule with slightly reduced work hours to accommodate the time spent on the shuttle.
Guidelines for participation are as follows:
Employees wishing to participate in the parking incentive should discuss eligibility with their immediate supervisor by Friday, Aug. 16, 2013. Implementation and continuation of the parking incentive will be contingent on an adequate level of employee participation.
- With approval from their immediate supervisor, employees who typically work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. shifts can begin working 8 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. shifts.
- Incentive participants will park in P-57 and ride Bear Bus shuttles to main campus between 7:30 and 8 a.m. each day. Stops on main campus will be the regular Bear Bus stops. Shuttles traveling back to P-57 will run between 4:15 and 4:45 p.m.
- The incentive requires that participants arrive early enough to the P-57 lot to take the shuttle and arrive at work by 8 a.m.
- Lunch periods for participating employees will be adjusted from an hour to 45 minutes.
- Participants will leave work by 4:15 pm, allowing them time to catch a shuttle and be off campus prior to the 5 p.m. rush hour.
- Work supervisors will have sole and ultimate authority to allow employees to participate, as all department responsibilities and work demands must continue to be met. Departments will have full discretion to manage any emergencies or unforeseen circumstances that may impact participation in the incentive plan.
- On days that participants cannot participate due to scheduling conflicts, they will park on main campus and work normal hours.
- Shuttle service and reduced work schedules will be in effect only while classes are in session:
- Sept. 3 - Dec. 13 Shuttle in service, reduced work schedule
- Dec 15 - Jan. 3 No shuttle service, work normal schedule
- Jan. 6 - Feb. 21 Shuttle in service, reduced work schedule
- Feb. 24 - Feb. 28 No shuttle service, work normal schedule
- March 3 - April 25 Shuttle in service, reduced work schedule
- April 26 Return to normal work schedule
- Recording of time worked for non-exempt and hourly employees will be unchanged.