OU will notify you of your monthly bill through an electronic billing presentment and payment system known as eBill. This system:
- Provides quick and convenient service
- Eliminates mailing delays
Billing notices are sent electronically to each student’s OU e-mail account each month. Remember to check your OU e-mail for a notification that your bill is ready to view!(return to top)
|What can eBill do for me?
(return to top)
- Save time – no more waiting for the bill in the mail
- 24/7 access from anywhere with an Internet connection
- Secure log-in for students with Grizzly ID and PIN and for authorized users with user name and password created by the student
- Students can enable others to become Authorized Users to view the eBill
- Access to prior statements
- Ability to access and print the eBill
|How do I access eBill?
Students: You will need your Grizzly ID number (Use uppercase "G" followed by two zeros plus six digits ‘G00######’) and six-digit SAIL PIN. If you need to have your six-digit SAIL PIN reset, please visit the Oakland University Grizzly ID/Reset PIN
Authorized Users: First time: log in using the username (case sensitive) and the password (all characters) as specified in your notification e-mail. You will then be required to change your password.
Currently registered students can access eBill online through mysail.oakland.edu
. All other users can access eBill online at oakland.edu/eBill
.(return to top)
|Am I able to access eBill using my mobile device?
Students and authorized users can access eBill using a mobile device at oakland.edu/eBillMobile
With eBill Mobile, students and authorized users can log into the mobile web page to make payments, review account information, and set up new payment profiles. (return to top)
|How do I make a payment?
Your electronic statement will contain a link to oakland.edu/eBill
. Enter your Grizzly ID and six-digit SAIL PIN when prompted. Once in the site, you can pay your bill by online checking or savings, debit card or credit card; view current and past bills; and view payment history. Click on Billing and Payment Information
to find information on billing and payment policies and procedures.(return to top)
|Can I pay by checking or savings on eBill?
Yes. You can make online payments through eBill from your checking or savings accounts! When making a payment, select electronic check from the payment method drop down and choose checking or savings as the account type.(return to top)
|My credit card was charged twice. What should I do?
Please call or visit the Office of Student Financial Services, 120 North Foundation Hall, (248) 370-2550. Please make sure you have the following information available: Grizzly ID, the amount of the payment you made, the credit card number, expiration date and the date you made the payment.(return to top)
|I made a payment on eBill and I do not see the payment posted to my student account. What should I do?
Please call or visit the Office of Student Financial Services, 120 North Foundation Hall, (248) 370-2550. Please make sure you have the following information available: Grizzly ID, the amount of the payment you tried to make, the credit card number, expiration date and the date you tried to make the payment.(return to top)
|My parents pay my bills. Can you just send the e-mail to them?
You may assign your parents as an authorized user to your eBill account by accessing eBill, selecting “My Account”, then “Authorized Users”. Next, click on “Add Authorized User”, enter your parents e-mail address and then update the billing and payment permissions. The authorized user will also get an e-mail notification that your bill is ready to view and pay.(return to top)
|What if the person paying the bill does not have access to the Internet?
It is the student’s responsibility to provide a copy of the bill to the person paying the bill. Offline payment options include:
(return to top)
- By mail, to Cashier’s Office, 120 North Foundation Hall, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309-4401. Please allow 5-6 days for mail delivery. All payments should include the student name and the last 4 digits of the Grizzly ID number to ensure correct and timely processing. Receipts will not be mailed; your cancelled check is proof of payment.
- Payment drop-box, located outside of the Cashier’s Office, during non-business hours. All payments should include the student name and the last 4 digits of the Grizzly ID number to ensure correct and timely processing. Receipts will not be mailed; your cancelled check is proof of payment.
- In person, at the Cashier’s Office, by cash, check, debit card or credit card. The student account will be credited immediately when paying in person. Be sure to bring your driver’s license, OU Spirit Card or other government issued picture identification. Receipts will be mailed to the student if the payment is made by a third party who does not know the Grizzly ID at the time of payment.
|Can I get a paper bill instead of the eBill?
If you want a paper copy of your bill, you can log onto the website to print a copy of your bill. Students can use any of the computer labs on campus to print a statement. You can print a copy of your bill by accessing eBill, selecting “eBills”, then selecting “View” in the action column next to the current balance to display the most recent billing statement. Select File..Print or press Ctrl-P to print the bill. If you wish to view and print a prior statement, select the billing date from the “Select the statement to view” drop down and click “Go”.(return to top)
|What if I don’t know or have forgotten my OU e-mail address or password?
and follow the prompts to set up your account and password or reset your password. Students will be setting up e-mail user ID’s and passwords at orientation.(return to top)
|Can I have my bill notification sent to my cell phone?
Students and authorized users can opt-in to receive eBill notifications and scheduled payment reminders via text message. In eBill, select “My Account”, then “My Profiles, then “Communications” to opt-in to text messaging.(return to top)
|I prefer not to use the OU student e-mail system. Can I forward my e-mail to a different account?
Yes. If you already have an e-mail account with another Internet provider, you can have your Oakland e-mail automatically forwarded to your existing account. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the e-mail address where the OU e-mail is forwarded continues to be a valid, active address. It is also the student’s responsibility to ensure that the mailbox at that e-mail address does not become full causing the OU e-mails to be undeliverable. You can achieve mail forwarding by following these steps:
(return to top)
- Step 1. Log into OU Webmail at webmail.oakland.edu. On the Mail Settings page (accessed by clicking the gear icon) click "Forwarding and POP;IMAP". The Forwarding settings will be displayed.
- Step 2. In the "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" text box, enter the destination e-mail address to which you want your mail to be automatically forwarded. To forward to multiple addresses, click the "Add a fowarding address."