Oakland University dedicates staff to helping students sort through federal regulations that govern college benefits earned while serving their country, ensuring that veterans can take advantage of benefits in a timely manner.
We provide a supportive, welcoming environment to more than 300 veterans, service members and dependents of veterans. Whether you’re on active duty, in the reserves, entitled to vocational rehabilitation services or have dependents entitled to educational benefits, we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that you achieve your academic and personal goals.
At Oakland University, there are two areas on campus to help meet your needs: the Veterans Support Services Office and the Office of the Registrar, which facilitates the veterans’ certification process.
Just for you:
- Priority registration
- Four free electives for all veterans; review of American Council on Education (ACE) credit for military educational courses
- In-state tuition rates to any veteran regardless of residence
- No late payment penalties for Chapter 33 recipients when VA tuition payments are received after bill due date
- No penalties in case of deployments
- Student Veterans of Oakland University, a recognized student organization that brings together veterans for social and volunteer activities
- Veterans welcome receptions for current and new veteran students, which allow you to meet other veterans and staff
Download and print the Graduate or Undergraduate checklist to guide you through the process of admissions and certification.