Welcome to your second year at Oakland University!
Since you’ve now transitioned to the advising area for your major, you can concentrate on academic requirements and progressing to junior status of 56 credits, putting you one step closer to graduation. To help you make the most of this year, the professional academic advisers have created a program called the Second Year Experience (SYE). SYE is a series of workshops, events
designed to maximize engagement in your second year of college.
The five areas of engagement that you will receive communications on throughout the year are:
- Major/minor exploration
- Major engagement
- Career/research engagement
- Campus engagement
- Community engagement
This year, you need to:
- Schedule your fall advising appointment — check off the first requirement of the program AND get a free Tshirt (while supplies last!) (Who is my adviser?)
- Participate in one of the five different engagement areas for fall. Click here for ideas or check out the event calendar.
- Schedule your winter advising appointment — where you’ll plan your junior year classes
- Participate in another engagement activity for winter. Click here for ideas or check out the event calendar.