Current students are encouraged to schedule an academic advising appointment at least once a year. Students who are looking to graduate
should schedule a graduation audit at least two semesters prior to graduation. All graduation audits and transcript reviews require a scheduled academic advising appointment.
To schedule an appointment, contact the SHS Advising office at (248) 370-2369.
About walk-in academic advising:
Walk-in academic advising dates vary each semester.
- During registration periods and the beginning of each semester, walk-in advising is generally busy.
- Sign in beings approximately a half hour before the start of the posted walk-in session.
- Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis.
- Sessions are ONLY 15 minutes per student.
- There is generally waiting involved. Bring something to occupy your time. (Like your text books!).
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: Transfer students who have NOT been accepted to the university yet are encouraged to schedule a full advising appointment by calling (248) 370-2369 or sign up for the Transfer Open House. We may not be able to access your records during a walk-in advising session. We encourage transfer students to apply to the university in order to receive an official transcript evaluation. Transfer students who have been admitted to Oakland University should sign up for Orientation Part II online to meet with an academic adviser.
Walk-in Schedule Fall 2013:
August 30th: 9:11:30am (LIMITED)
September 4th: 9-11:30am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
September 5th: 9-11:30am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
September 6th: 9-11:30am & 1:30 - 3:30 pm
September 9th: 9-11:30am & 1:30 - 4pm
September 10th: 9-11:30am & 1:30 - 4pm
September 11th: 1:30 - 4pm
September 12th: 9-11:30am
November 5th: 9-11:30am
November 6th: 1:30 - 4pm
December 16th:9-11:30am & 1:30 - 4pm