Current students are encouraged to schedule an academic advising appointment at least once a year. Students who are looking to graduate
should schedule a graduation audit at least two semesters prior to graduation. All graduation audits and transcript reviews require a scheduled academic advising appointment.
To schedule an appointment, contact the SHS Advising office at (248) 370-2369.
About walk-in academic advising:
Walk-in academic advising dates vary each semester.
- During registration periods and the beginning of each semester, walk-in advising is generally busy.
- Sign in beings approximately a half hour before the start of the posted walk-in session.
- Students are seen on a first come, first serve basis.
- Sessions are ONLY 15 minutes per student.
- There is generally waiting involved. Bring something to occupy your time. (Like your text books!).
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: Transfer students who have NOT been accepted to the university yet are encouraged to schedule a full advising appointment by calling (248) 370-2369 or sign up for the Transfer Open House. We may not be able to access your records during a walk-in advising session. We encourage transfer students to apply to the university in order to receive an official transcript evaluation. Transfer students who have been admitted to Oakland University should sign up for Orientation Part II online to meet with an academic adviser.
Walk-in Schedule Winter 2014:
Thus, January 2nd: 1:30- 4pm
Fri, January 3rd: 9-11:30am
Mon, January 6th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm - Cancel - University Closed
Tues, January 7th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm - Cancel - University Closed
Wed, January 8th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm
Thurs, January 9th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm
Fri, January 10th:1:30-4pm
Mon, January 13th: 9 - 11:30am
Tues, January 14th: 9 - 11:30am
Wed, January 15th:1:30-4pm
Thurs, January 16th: 9 - 11:30am & 1:30-4pm
Thurs, March 13, 2014: 9 - 11:30am
Tues, March 18th: 9 - 11:30am
Wed, March 19th: 1:30 - 4
Thurs, March 20th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm
Fri, March 21st: 1:30 - 4 pm
Mon, March 24th: 9 - 11:30am
Tues, March 25th: 9 - 11:30am
Wed, March 26th:1:30- 4 pm
Thurs, March 27th: 9-11:30am & 1:30-4pm
Fri, March 28th: 9 - 11:30am
Mon, March 31st: 9 - 11:30am
Wed April 2nd:1:30- 4pm
Thurs, April 3rd: 9-11:30am