Oct. 8-9: 2009 International Business Conference
Celebrate 40 Years of Excellence
Oakland University’s School of Business Administration
Thursday – Saturday, October 8 – 10, 2009
Oakland University’s School of Business Administration is celebrating its 40th anniversary. This October, join the SBA as we honor this special year at a series of events recognizing the work of its expert faculty members, the success of its graduates, and the tremendous growth in the school’s reputation in the business and research communities over the last four decades.
Nursing as a Business
Thursday, Oct. 8, 2009, 8 a.m. - noon
Expert speakers from the health care field will address the following topics:
- The Business of Nursing Education, Kerri D. Schuiling, associate dean/director, School of Nursing, Northern Michigan University
- The Business of Clinical Practice, Laurel Felsenfeld is founder and president of Aging Answers, LLC and Axis Case Management
- Health Care as a Business, Lisa DeMoss, formerly of Blue Cross Blue Shield
- National Health Care Insurance, Dottie Deremo, CEO, Hospice Michigan
Check here for details on the nursing conference including agenda and speaker biographies.
To register, contact Amy Holloway-Yurgalonis at (248) 370-3799 or email@example.com
International Business Conference: The Future of Business Leadership
Friday, Oct. 9, 2009, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Strolling international-themed evening reception and student poster presentation follows, from 4:30-6 p.m.
A thought-provoking conference addressing the importance of interplay between business schools, business and the international marketplace. Here, industry executives, academic thought leaders and government officials will present and discuss the challenges, opportunities and successes in educating business students prepared for world business. The impressive agenda includes speakers and topics that cover today’s issues and set tomorrow’s educational agenda.
The luncheon speaker, James E. Schrager, SBA 71, clinical professor of entrepreneurship and strategic management for the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, will share his expertise on business strategy and globalization in his remarks “Skating to Where the Puck Will Be: Strategy for the Next Decade,” in which he promises to help each participant think about how to make the many important business decisions they are faced with each day.
Discussions and panel sessions will include:
· Fostering Leadership and Professional Development through Integrative Curriculum and Pedagogy
· Business Leadership: A strategy for a global economy
· Walking the Talk: Future of ethics and social responsibility.
· Health Care Reform: Issues, challenges and opportunities.
Confirmed panelists include:
Betsy E. Bayha, SBA ’72, senior vice president, general counsel and secretary, Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
Dr. James Forshee, chief medical officer, Molina Healthcare of Michigan
Gregg Garrett, SECS ’97, chief IT strategy officer, Volkswagen of America
Ken Janke, MBA ’85, senior vice president, investor relations, Aflac World Headquarters
Dave Rooney, SBA executive in residence, and former director, marketing, Chrysler
The luncheon is sponsored by Derderian, Kann, Seyferth & Salucci, P.C. Provided by Michael C. Palazzola, CPA, SBA ’78.
More Conference Information:
* Session descriptions
* Panelist biographies
* October 9 business conference program (pdf)
* October 8 nursing conference program (pdf)
* Oct. 8-9 full conference program (pdf)
Conference cost is $50.
Reserve your spot by registering online or contacting Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 370-3286.
Other Anniversary Events
* Golf events, Oct. 8 or 10, 2009
* 40th Anniversary Celebration Dinner, Saturday, Oct. 10, 2009
Anniversary Sponsorship Opportunities
Oakland University’s School of Business Administration is seeking event sponsors for its upcoming 40th Anniversary Celebration. This three-day event will bring together alumni from all 40 years of the school in a celebration of their accomplishments, an opportunity to reconnect across the decades, an exploration of The Future of Business Leadership that will help shape the future of education and business, and wrap up with a memorable celebratory dinner. For details on sponsorship levels, please read this PDF.