Registrar Services Location

North Foundation Hall, Room 160
318 Meadow Brook Road
Rochester, MI 48309-4454
(location map)
(248) 370-3450

Office Hours:
M-F 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
(open until 6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays)
Feel free to stop in, phone us, email or instant message us during our office hours.

Office of the Registrar

O'Dowd Hall, Room 100
586 Pioneer Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4482
(location map)
Fax: (248) 370-2586


Below are many of the most common forms students will require while attending Oakland University. Please submit the form to the appropriate address referenced on the form.

General Forms

Confidentiality - Request to Remove (Google Form)
Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, confidentiality will be removed from record.

Confidentiality - Request to Withhold Directory Information (Google Form)
Use if you do not want directory information released. Upon receipt of the completed form and photo ID, directory information will be withheld until the student requests in writing that confidentiality be released.

Dismissal Appeal Form
Complete this appeal form if you believe there are valid reasons to review your academic dismissal.

General Education Transfer Course Review Form
Request the review of coursework you have previously completed or wish to complete at another institution for use at Oakland University. A syllabus is required. Here are directions on how to complete the form. For other courses, see Transfer Course Review below.

Grizzly ID Request (Google Form)

Letter Request Form (Google Form)
Use this form to request Jury Duty Letter or Enrollment Verification Letter.

Request for Exception Form 
Submit this form to request an exception to published university policy regarding registration deadlines or procedures and/or tuition cancellation. 

Room Request (Google Form)
Request a general purpose room for non-class events/meetings. Generally, requests cannot be submitted during final examination periods.  You can read further policies and guidelines here.

Transcript Requests
Request official or unofficial transcripts.

Transfer Course Review
Use this form to request a transfer course evaluation in order to fulfill a major or minor program requirement.

Graduation Forms
Candidacy for Degree Letter 
(Google Form) Use this form to request Candidacy for Degree Letter (for UG level students only).

Use this form if you have already applied to graduate and need to change graduation date. (for UG level students only).

Diploma Reorder Form (Google Form)
Order a replacement diploma. Your degree is verified by Academic Records. Those who have financial holds on their account cannot receive their diplomas until the “hold” is resolved
Registration Forms

Audit Form
Request "audit" registration status for a class. Students will not receive a grade for the class. Tuition is assessed as appropriate for each course. 

Competency Examination Form 
Use this form if you wish to take an examination to prove proficiency of subject matter. The issuing department will determine competency level. 

Guest Application
Attend another school as a guest student. You are responsible for delivering the application to the other school. Upon completion of the course(s), you must request that an official transcript be mailed to Oakland University. 

Missing Social Security Number Form W-9

Permission to Exceed Maximum Credit Hours

Registration Request Form (Google form)
Most registration should occur in MySAIL. If you need Registrar support, submit this form to add/drop from classes.

Residency Reclassification
Students who have been admitted as out-of-state students, for the purpose of in-state tuition, may submit this form to have their residency status reconsidered/reclassified. 

Special Time Conflict Override Form (SI or Final exam only) (Google form)

Time Conflict Override Form
Use to obtain the signature of both instructors and the dean of the school/college to be added into courses that overlap in time.