PrintWise in Open Labs
PrintWise is a system that works with computer stations and Oakland University (OU) SpiritCards that provides fast, secure, and cost-effective printing in OU’s open computer labs in:
- Elliott Hall: Open Computer Lab (room 215) and Teaching Computer Lab (room 223)
- Kresge Library: Located throughout main floor
- North Foundation: Career Services Career Technology Center (room 143)
- Oakland Center: Cafe O'Bear's, Center for Student Activities, Exhibit Lounge, Student Technology Center, and common labs
- O'Dowd Hall: Nursing Lab
- Pawley Hall: Educational Resource Lab
- Varner Hall: Music, Theatre, and Dance (MTD) Resource Room (room 237)
- Wilson Hall: Art Labs
Consult the map of the OU campus for locations.
OU students receive $2.50 free prints for their PrintWise account on their SpiritCard each semester they are registered. After the $2.50 free prints are used, you may charge additional prints to your SpiritCash account.
Unused free prints will carry over to the next term registered through the end of the Summer semester. The print allocation will reset during the Autumn semester based on committee review of the program.
SpiritCard holders can deposit money in their SpiritCash account using the Value-transfer Stations (VTS) near the open computer labs. VTS stations are located in the Oakland Center, second floor of Kresge Library, Elliott Hall student lounge, and Pawley Hall by the Education Resource Lab. For those guests who do not have a SpiritCard, the VTS also will dispense guest cards for use in PrintWise computer labs and to make photocopies in some locations on campus. The allocation of free prints is only available for use in the computer labs.