Authorization to Use University Facilities: All use of facilities must be authorized by a University administrative or academic unit, and must conform to the academic and outreach purposes of the University and its ordinances, policies, and procedures.
Academic Facilities: The Registrar has delegated authority to assign all general purpose classrooms. The Academic Deans assume responsibility for assigning all other General Funded academic spaces within their respective academic disciplines including computer and science labs, recital halls, auditoriums, conference rooms and special seminar rooms. If additional instructional space is needed for classes, the Registrar can request the use of conference rooms and special seminar rooms from the appropriate Academic Dean. For details see OU AP&P #190 Classroom Scheduling.
Non-Academic Facilities: The University has decentralized facility-scheduling structure for Non-Academic Facilities that assigns authority to the following Employees for designated space scheduling:
- Ensemble for Meadow Brook Theatre and Festival Grounds (done by the Palace). Director, Strategic Initiatives with approval by Risk Management and notice to OU Police for all other facilities and outdoor space with priority given for student organizations and their events. Note: Consultation with Facilities & Police.
- Director of Meadow Brook Hall for Meadow Brook Hall and Shotwell-Gustafson Pavilion.
- Director of the Oakland Center for the Oakland Center.
- Director of Campus Recreation for designated indoor and outdoor student recreation facilities and space.
- Director of Athletics for designated indoor and outdoor athletic facilities and space.
- Director of Housing for all residence halls, apartment facilities, and Meadow Brook subdivision.
- Chief of Police and Director, Strategic Initiatives for parking facilities.
- Director of Golf Courses for golf courses and related facilities.
- Please contact the appropriate director if specific information is needed.
- Regulations for the Use of Facilities
The network connections provided in University space provide Internet connections that must be used in accordance with University policies, in particular OU AP&P #890 Use of University Information Technology Resources and OU AP&P #850 Network Infrastructure Policy. Also, all use of the network must comply with the MichNet – Merit Network, Inc. acceptable use policies. Those responsible for sponsoring events in University space are also responsible for providing network authentication and access in compliance with University policies.