Have you noticed any of the following?
- More stress in the workplace than you felt five years ago?
- Feeling pulled by the ever-increasing demands placed on educators?
- Wanting a chance to push the ‘pause’ button and learn how to relax in the moment?
- Wanting to set some goals that include time for just you?
We invite you to join us for the upcoming Mindfulness for Educators workshop, specifically designed for educators who are facing the everyday stresses in the classroom and the increasing responsibility placed on teachers. In this workshop, you will learn about mindfulness as stress relief, practice mindfulness in your personal and professional life, and find out how mindfulness can be used in the classroom.
Come discover why mindfulness was on the cover of Time magazine and why it is being practiced in major corporations like Google, Facebook, Target, and more! Everyone who attends will receive a copy of the highly regarded "Mindfulness for Beginners" book by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Caryn M. Wells, Ph.D.
- Caryn Wells is an Associate Professor for the Department of Organizational Leadership at Oakland University. She teaches graduate classes in Educational Leadership for aspiring and practicing leaders. Her interest in mindfulness began as she listened
to the stories that graduate students related about the levels of stress in education and leading, and her research with building level principals and superintendents about the stress levels of those positions.
She teaches graduate, doctoral, and medical students about stress reduction, mindfulness, and mindful leadership. She is a former teacher of English, counselor, assistant principal, and principal, all at the high school level. She has completed professional training and a sabbatical in mindfulness, and teaches people how to easily include mindfulness throughout their busy days.
Registration will be open from Monday, June 16 through Sunday, August 17, 2014.
- To Register: Download the Step-by-Step Registration Instructions to register for the course through the PACE System.
- Registration Fee: $120 (Price includes SCECH fee and a copy of "Mindfulness for Beginners" book by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn)