Oakland University's International Baccalaureate (IB) program provides knowledge and experiences related to understanding teaching, learning, assessment, and international-mindedness within International Baccalaureate (IB) schools. It is appropriate for teachers who are currently teaching within IB schools, as well as those who are not teaching in IB schools but who seek professional preparation for doing so. Graduates of the program will understand the foundations of IB programs of study and will be prepared to engage in curriculum development and implementation that reflects international perspectives in K-12 schools. Graduates of this program are eligible to register for the IB Teacher Award Level 1.
- Oakland University is one of only 12 universities worldwide offering this graduate-level program in cooperation with the International Baccalaureate Organization
- Students in the program take 20 credits of educational studies coursework within a cohort and can complete certificate program requirements within only two years
- Credits from the IB Teacher Award program at OU can be applied toward earning your Master's in Educational Studies
- Earning an IB Level I Award for the Primary, Middle or Diploma Programme opens the doors to over 1300 IB World Schools in the United States and countless other IB World Schools in 141 different countries
- The Michigan Department of Education supports establishing International Baccalaureate Programmes (IB) at all levels.
- OU's IB teacher development programs are developed collaboratively by OU professors and IB educators, including faculty from nearby International Academy, ranked the #1 International Baccalaureate School in America by U.S. News and World Report.
Rochester, MI 48309
To be considered for graduate admission, applicants must submit all of the following university and program application documents by the published application deadlines.
Download an application packet.
Complete the free online graduate application by clicking on the button below:
Application Type: Grad – Graduate Certificate
Planned Course of Study:
Online Program: Grad Cert International Education – IB Lev 1 (100% Online)
Hybrid Program: Grad Cert International Education – IB Lev 1 (50% Online)
If you have any other questions, please contact the program coordinator:
Donna Rich, Administrative Project Coordinator
(248) 209-2472 phone | (248) 209-2461 fax