Oakland University offers exciting opportunities to enroll in Educational Leadership courses designed for teachers and administrators to develop their leadership skills. Our graduate courses may be taken to fulfill the state of Michigan recertification requirements. Please contact your educational district or the MDE to ensure that our courses will fulfill your requirements. If you are interested in future Educational Leadership elective courses, please contact us for more information about upcoming courses. Courses are offered on a varying basis each semester.
MACOMB INITIATIVE SCHOLARSHIP COURSES
EST 517: TEACHER LEADER AS THE HIGHLY EFFECTIVE INSTRUCTOR | Download Flier
- 3 credits | Instructor: Joesph Brandell, Ph.D. | Format: Hybrid
- October 22, 29, November 5, 19, and December 3, 10
- Held at Lincoln High School in Warren, MI
- Limited number of scholarships available - inquire today!
- Course can be applied to the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership degree program
- This course focuses on the teacher as an effective instructor and classroom leader. Through the process of self-study, participants will learn from---and document---their teaching practice. Special attention will be given to helping participants communicate their teaching strengths through the new teacher evaluation process.
OTHER RECERTIFICATION OPTIONS
- Course begins in October 2013
- 6 credits | Instructor: Chris Abbott, Ph.D. | Format: Hybrid
- Course runs October 2013 - April 2014 and only meets one Monday evening per month.
- Held at the Walled Lake School District, with online requirements held between face-to-face meetings.
- This course is perfect for both teachers and administrators who need to fulfill the 6-credit continuing professional certification requirements, but don't have a lot of time to commit each month.
INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE EXECUTIVE CERTIFICATE IN LEADERSHIP | Download Flier
- Courses begins in Winter 2014
- 6 credit, two-semester hybrid program | Format: Hybrid
- Courses include: Introduction to IB Principles, Practices, & Curriculum (3 credits) and Leaders in IB Schools: Moving Theory to Practice (3-credits)
- Includes two face-to-face sessions on Saturdays at Oakland University's main campus, with additional online learning activities
- Courses combine an emphasis on administering an IB program, with general administrative practices and recent trends in educational leadership. The courses are designed and taught by practicing IB administrators and education school professionals.
For more information on Educational Leadership courses, please contact:
(248) 209-2460 phone | (248) 209-2461 fax