PAL Computer Checkout Information
- PAL Computers (PC Laptops or MacBooks) may be checked out of the ERL for use in Pawley Hall.
- When you check out one of our PAL computers, you accept full responsibility for their safe and timely return. If you cannot follow the terms, do not check out the equipment. If you violate the terms, you will lose the privilege of checking out equipment. You will also be responsible for replacement costs (up to $1200 for a computer/bag/powercord). A hold may be placed on your Oakland University account (Registrar) until business is settled with the ERL.
- Laptops, cords and cases must be returned in the same condition they were in when you checked them out. We will try to have the laptops charged, but be aware that you may have to plug them in if the battery drains.
- All equipment must be signed out by an ERL staff member and will be inspected on return.
- Do not get water, beverages, dirt, or food on the laptop.
- Do not lend the laptop to anyone else as it is checked out only to you. All equipment must be in your immediate possession at all times. Do not leave items on tables, in a classroom or in your car.
- All PAL computers are checked out on a daily basis. If you borrow a PAL computer, you must return it before the ERL closes or make specific arrangements for when it will be returned and for safe storage until it is returned. If you are ill or not coming to school on the day the equipment is to be returned, it is still your responsibility to get it back on time.