Effective January 21, 2014
Classes have been moved to the School of Engineering Building, Room 386 (386 SEB)
Summer Session: August 12, 2014 - September 2, 2014
Registration for Summer 2014 will open on May 1st.
Click here for driving directions and campus maps
The Quantitative Methods Workshop is a non-credit course intended to provide the graduate student with a review and/or introduction to many of the mathematical techniques and applications likely to be encountered in the working world, and is useful to professionals who need to brush up on these skills. Successful completion of this workshop satisfies the MBA quantitative methods prerequisite. Classroom attendance is essential. The textbook will be provided, but must be returned at the completion of the workshop.
Course of Study
Overview of algebraic topics including exponents, solving equations, functions, graphics of linear and quadratic equations, solving systems of equations, logarithms, and other topics as they may arise:
• decision making
• financial mathematics, including present and future value
• annuities with applications
• basics of linear programming, including graphical approach and the Simplex method
• emphasis on business applications
• derivatives and applications of the derivative, including optimization, curve sketching and business examples
• the integral and application of the integral
• multivariable calculus, including optimization, with applications
• brief overview of selected topics in statistics
The course is an instructor-led course. Specific times and dates are available on the registration site.
It is expected that attendees have graduate level mathematical ability.
To view instructions for registering: www.oakland.edu/pace
To register: Registration for Summer 2014 will open on May 1st.