This course is designed for experienced professionals as well as those preparing for the working world. It provides broad coverage of project management principles and best practices to help participants become leading edge project managers. The Project Management Principles and Best Practices Certificate Program is a registered education provider with the Project Management Institute.
The course has one broad objective: to advance participant’s knowledge of Project Management principles and best practices. Course content will focus on:
- PMI's ten knowledge management areas (Project Integration, Scope, Human Resource, Time, Cost, Quality, Risk, Communications, Stakeholder, and Procurement Management)
- PMI’s 5 Process Groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Control, and Closing),
- The establishment of a comprehensive baseline project plan,
- Use of best practices (practical and theoretical),
- An examination and use of a wide variety of specific project tools.
Course of Study
The course consists of 35 contact hours
In-person, instructor-led classes. Lunches will not be provided; a one-hour break will be given on days longer than 4 hours to allow students to obtain their own meals.