Pi Alpha Alpha (PAA) is the national honor society for the field of public affairs and administration. Its purpose is to encourage and recognize outstanding scholarship and accomplishment in public affairs and administration.
The chapter of PAA at Oakland University hosts functions for the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program and social events. These events are open to all students and are a great way to meet fellow students, faculty, and PAA members. We encourage all students to participate, even if he or she has not yet completed the requirements for national membership.
National Membership Requirements - Undergraduate
- Completed 15 credit hours of course work required for public administration
- Maintained an average GPA of 3.5 in all courses included in the public administration major and maintained an average GPA of at least 3.0 in all other course work
- In at least the last semester or quarter of junior year
National Membership Requirements - Graduate
- Completed 20 credit hours of graduate level courses for public administration
- Maintained a minimum GPA of 3.7
Advantages to being in Pi Alpha Alpha
- Build your resume. PAA is nationally recognized as an honors society.
- Demonstrate your dedication to your coursework and public administration.
- Network. The chapter of PAA at Oakland University hosts networking events and is in touch with alumni of the MPA program. The national organization also hosts conferences that provide networking opportunities.
Visit the national website for Pi Alpha Alpha here
President - Beth Joseph
Treasurer - James Kaminski
If you are interested in attending or being involved with PAA events, or have any questions about joining this organization, please send us an email: email@example.com