After you have made an appointment with the Writing Center, you should prepare for your appointment to make the most efficient use of your time.
Please bring one of the following items with you to your Writing Center appointment:
- A print copy of your paper - we do not have the resources to print your papers or sources.
- Your own laptop - try to have a file copy so that you are not subject to the whims of the OU wifi network.
- A computer rented from the Circulation Desk at Kresge Library - you can checkout a library laptop in house if you show your ID.
When preparing for your appointment, please do the following:
- Gather your assignment sheet and draft paper (bring any sources, note cards, etc).
- Clarify any questions that you have concerning your assignment with your professor.
- Read through your paper and write down any questions that you may have for the visit.
- Familiarize yourself with the citation style that you will be using.
- Turn off all cell phones and pagers.