The OUWC isn’t just for undergraduates. Graduate students occupy a writing-rich environment, one in which they must write on demand. Our staff includes university faculty and graduate students who can offer assistance as you:
If you are about to commence your thesis or dissertation project, you will want to inquire about Dissertation 101: A Writing and Research Intervention for Graduate Writers, which is co-facilitated each semester by Sherry Wynn Perdue, Director, Oakland University Writing Center, and Anne Switzer, Outreach and Social Sciences Librarian.
- Draft or revise a manuscript for publication
- Craft an assignment
- Document accomplishments for tenure review
- Compose a thesis or dissertation
- Assemble a teaching portfolio
- Construct a personal statement
- Revise a curriculum vitae
- Generate a proposal or mission statement
- Prepare a syllabus, scaffold assignments, and offer feedback to student submissions
For guidance on assignment construction and effective feedback, visit Assignment Construction Guidance.
To schedule an appointment, make a referral, or request an in-class seminar or consultation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or give us a call at (248) 370-3120.